A cat's name should best reflect its idiosyncrasies. However, your velvet paw can better refer to cute cat names if they are not as long and end with a light vowel like "i". You can find more tips on this in our guide "Choosing a cat name: you should pay attention to this".
Cute cat names with A for "Avanti"
- Abraxas (deity and name of the raven in "The Little Witch" by Ottfried Preußler)
- Ali Baba (character from the collection of stories "One Thousand and One Nights")
- Aimée (French for "beloved")
- Angel (English for "angel")
- Anubis (Egyptian deity)
- Archimedes (Greek mathematician)
- Ariel (the little mermaid)
- Artemis (Greek goddess)
- Attila (the King of the Huns)
- Avanti (Italian for "forward")
B: "Bijou" is a little treasure
- Bastet (cat goddess in Egyptian mythology)
- Belle (French for "The Beautiful")
- Belmondo (after the French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo)
- Bijou (French for "trinket")
Cat names: How to find the right name for your darling
Find the right cat name for the new family member on four paws? Many find that ...
C: Cleopatra for the little cat's nose
- Cassius (ancient Roman name and birth name of boxer Muhammad Ali)
- Clyde (Bonnie and Clyde were a famous American gangster couple during the Great Depression)
- Cicero (Roman politician and philosopher)
- Cookie (English for "biscuit")
- Cupcake (English for "tartlet")
Cute cat names with D like "Dori"
- Da Vinci (Italian artist, engineer and philosopher)
- Destiny (English for "fate")
- DiCaprio (American actor)
- Diego (saber-toothed tiger from the animated film "Ice Age")
- Django (film character from an Italian Western series)
- Dolittle ("Doctor Dolittle and His Animals" by Hugh Lofting is a children's book about a doctor who can talk to animals)
- Dori (cartoon character from the animated films "Finding Nemo" and "Finding Dori")
The most popular cat names: Give me an "L"!
The naming for the beloved pet is certainly not easy. As a little help ...
E: "Emil" and the cat detectives
- Easy (English for "easy" and "relaxed")
Cool cat names from the world of action stars
Cool cat names are in demand when a velvet paw becomes part of the family. Who is against ...
Cute cat names with F: cheeky "Filou"
- Filou (French for "rascal" or "crook")
- Fluffy (English for "plushy")
G: "Gustav", the fluffy lucky guy
- Gepetto (The 'Father' of Pinocchio from the children's book of the same name by Carlo Collodi)
- Gustav (Gustav Gans is Donald Duck's cousin and is always lucky)
Sweet cat names: "Hanni" and "Henry"
- Hedwig (Snowy Owl by Harry Potter from the book series by J.K. Rowling)
- Hercules (hero of Greek mythology)
But how do the fur noses learn sweet cat names best? You can read about this in our guide "How to teach your cat its name".