First of all, it is important to determine which insect stung your velvet paw. A bee sting in cats has to be treated differently than stings from wasps. The sting of the bee sticks together with its poisonous bubble through its barbs in the skin of the stung animal. Wasps, on the other hand, only use their stinger to stun the victim.
Bee sting in cats: remove sting
If your cat stings from a bee, you should remove the sting from your body as soon as possible, otherwise it will continue to give off poison. The best way to do this is with tweezers. To do this, you must of course keep your velvet paw very still so that you do not injure it with the tool or possibly push the stinger further into the wound.
If you suspect an allergic reaction in your animal, you should better go to the vet as soon as possible. An antidote may have to be injected. Symptoms of an allergy shock after a bee sting in cats can include limpness, tumbling or fever. In the worst case, your velvet paw can even pass out.
Cuddly cats snuggle up to sleep
Tips after an insect bite
After removing the stinger, you should cool the puncture site. You can use a damp cloth or an ice pack that you have wrapped in a towel. Make sure that the stitch swells as quickly as possible.
A bee sting becomes more dangerous in cats if it is in the mouth or throat. If your cat wanted to eat the flying insect, for example, it quickly stabs in the mouth. In this case, you should see a doctor immediately, because the swelling of the mucous membranes can cause breathing problems.