October 20, 2015 Photos by: Yastremska/Bigstock
Think of it as delivery for dogs. If you don’t have time or want to stay in, call one of these specialty dog-care services to come to your home.
You can hire someone to perform just about any task you could ever imagine and you can pay them a little bit extra to perform those services in your home. From home health aides and nannies to house keepers and more, the at-home specialty service industry is rapidly expanding. It has even come to include special dog-related services!
In-House Specialty Dog Services
Being a dog owner is a big responsibility and it takes up a lot of your time to care for your dog properly. If you work a full-time job or care for a family, you may wish sometimes that you had a helping hand. If this sounds familiar, you will be glad to know that finding the help you need may be just a phone call away. Specialty dog services are popping up all over the country, offering a variety of in-home services including the following:
- Dog Walking: This is one of the most common canine services. If you don’t have the time to get home during the day to let your dog outside, you can hire a pet sitter to come in and walk your dog. Pet sitting and dog walking services offer many different levels of care ranging from a quick walk to a full day of companionship and play.
- Overnight Care: Rather than sending your dog to the kennel when you go away for the weekend, consider hiring a pet sitting service to care for your dog in your home. Boarding can be stressful for dogs, so having someone care for your dog in your own home is well worth the cost.
- Pet Taxi: Some pet care services have begun to offer transport services. These services are available to take your dog to his vet appointment, to drop him off at the groomer, or to take him to the kennel for boarding. No matter where your pet needs to go, you can count on a pet professional to get him there safely.
- Pet Health Services: If you have a special-needs dog or simply a dog that is sick, you can hire a service to come and give your pet his medications. Pet care professionals can be hired to administer everything from pills and injections to subcutaneous shots and IV fluids. Keep in mind that you will need a valid prescription for any medications to be administered.
- Pet Massage: How often do you pamper yourself with a spa day or massage? With specialty pet services you can now hire someone to come to your home and give your dog a massage. Massage can help to keep your dog’s joints and muscles limber – it can also help relieve pain and soreness associated with arthritis and other medical conditions.
- Animal Reiki: Reiki is a type of meditation that can be used to transfer positive energy from a Reiki therapist to your dog. These services can be performed in your home where your dog will be comfortable and relaxed so he can experience the maximum benefit.
- Backyard Cleanup: One of the less savory responsibilities of being a dog owner is cleaning up after your pet. Luckily you can hire an at-home specialty dog service to do the work for you. You can hire the service to come by weekly or more often, depending on your needs.
No matter what kind of service you need, there is a specialty dog service available to provide it (or it’ll be coming to a city near you soon!). From walking and grooming to pet transport and even home-cooked meal delivery, pampering your pooch is easier than ever with the help of specialty in-home dog services.
Kate Barrington is the loving owner of two cats (Bagel and Munchkin) and a noisy herd of guinea pigs. Having grown up with golden retrievers, Kate has a great deal of experience with dogs but labels herself a lover of all pets. Having received a Bachelor’s degree in English, Kate has combined her love for pets and her passion for writing to create her own freelance writing business, specializing in the pet niche.